BitterSweet Misery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AbuseMent ParkHomeRosterLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PSN Service Restoration Update

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lady
Queen Of A^P
Queen Of A^P
Lady

Female
Handle : xMiiSz_-AmaziiNx
Clan Tag : [AP*- A^P - A*P] (Leader)
Warning Level : Nothing Wrong

PSN Service Restoration Update Empty
PostPSN Service Restoration Update

Service Restoration Update

+ Posted by Patrick Seybold // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

As you may know, we’ve begun the process of restoring the service through internal testing of the new system. We’re still working to confirm the security of the network infrastructure, as well as working with a variety of outside entities to confirm with them of the security of the system. Verifying the system security is vital for the process of restoration. Additional comprehensive system checks and testing are still required, and we must complete that process before bringing the systems online.

As you’ve heard us say, our utmost priorities are the security of the network and ensuring your data is safe. We won’t restore the services until we can test the system’s strength in these respects.

When we held the press conference in Japan last week, based on what we knew, we expected to have the services online within a week. We were unaware of the extent of the attack on Sony Online Entertainment servers, and we are taking this opportunity to conduct further testing of the incredibly complex system. We know many of you are wanting to play games online, chat with your friends and enjoy all of the services PlayStation Network and Qriocity services have to offer, and trust me when I say we’re doing everything we can to make it happen. We will update you with more information as soon as we have it. We apologize for the delay and inconvenience of this network outage.
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

PSN Service Restoration Update :: Comments

Re: PSN Service Restoration Update
Post Sun May 08, 2011 8:17 am by Guest
They said it would be back this weekend....MY DREAMS HAVE BEEN SHATTERED! I HAVE NO FUTURE!!!
Lady
Post Sun May 08, 2011 9:41 am by Lady
I know but they did say May Have Some Up so idk about that but i want it back too Sad Sad
Post Sun May 08, 2011 11:46 am by Guest
lol seyans. get a life and a grip. Smile or i can borrow you a razor blade. Twisted Evil

Sony better come with some awesome freebies, or come up with something better than the free month of PlayStation plus that their talking about giving us all. and for those who already paid for a year of the service, what does that do for them?
12 months of free identity theft protection for those living in the U.S.; how about protecting your own dam infrastructure so people don't hack the net work putting us all at risk.
with all the billions sony has taken in since the release of the PS2, you would think they could afford to have updated thier network security infastructure. The truth is, they have'nt done a damn thing. even after the initial threat/attack they recived, did they do anything. this is'nt one of those "if it ain't broke don't fix it" moments, they should of known and/or did know there " was a risk. They rolled the dice and crapped out.
Lady
Post Sun May 08, 2011 1:08 pm by Lady
i agree Sabby 100%
Lady
Post Sun May 08, 2011 11:01 pm by Lady
OMFG I'm going to die >.< OMG i'm so having PSN withdrawal now... i'm usually very patient Sad
Post Mon May 09, 2011 8:35 pm by Guest
I saw a CNET (At least that's what I think it's called may be CNN though) news update on the situation that was posted on May 5. Basically, the hacker group is saying that they are planning a third attack on the Playstation Network that will expose all the private information of all the PSN users they have collected from the Sony database. It was suppose to happen this weekend. Don't know if it actually occured or not. All I'm saying is be warned, information such as your credit card number or social security information could be made public.
Post  by Sponsored content

PSN Service Restoration Update

Page 1 of 1