BitterSweet Misery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AbuseMent ParkHomeRosterLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions) _
PostSubject: MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions)   MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions) EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 3:22 pm

Ok, well, there is a new post from the MAg Blog:

Happy Birthday MAG! Let’s Celebrate!
posted by Jeremy Dunham, January 25, 2011 7:00 am
It may sound clichéd, but wow, time really flies! It’s hard to believe that it has already been a full year since our massive 256-person PlayStation 3-exclusive shooter, MAG, was released all over the globe. To celebrate our one-year birthday, we’re unveiling a handful of promotions as a thank you to our fans throughout the week.

First up, starting Wednesday, January 26 at 12am Pacific Time, we’re changing all in-game queue and “Happy Hour” bonuses to 256% until Sunday, January 30 at 11:59pm. If you’ve been meaning to level up to grab our various “level 60” trophies, our promotional time period is a great time to go for it!

Speaking of January 26, all day from 10am-5pm Pacific Time, members of the Zipper Interactive QA team (our best players!) will be online and playing MAG throughout the day. If you’ve never participated in our “Play MAG with Zipper” events, they’re great fun and offer you the perfect opportunity to show us your skills.

Our third and final promotion is a special “Faction Neutral” switch for the Domination and Acquisition modes. For the first time ever in MAG “Live,” our two biggest game types will switch from being PMC-specific to being open for defense by any of our three factions. Like our 256% XP bonus, this mode switch will be in operation from January 26 at 12am Pacific to January 30 at 11:59pm.

But this isn’t all we’re doing to wish MAG a happy birthday. We’ll also be posting some additional blogs throughout the week, including a breakdown of MAG statistics and numbers on Thursday and a special “Five Things You Never Knew About MAG” article on Friday morning. It should be fun.

As always, everyone here at Zipper Interactive wants you to know how much we appreciate all the support and feedback you have given us over the last year and we hope you’ve enjoyed playing the game as much as we’ve enjoyed making and improving it. Thank you very much!

I'll be posting the rest of the blogs to come in this string they promise in this thread
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions)   MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions) EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 3:57 pm

Wow its been a year already!! Jeez time sure does fly. Thanks for the thread Demi.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions)   MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions) EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 11:03 pm

no problem, but i doubt anyone that actually checks the site other that captain really plays MAG anymore. Oh well...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions)   MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 1:49 am

Hehehe.. Thank you very much Demi!!!!

Well, there goes my Australia day!! (today)

ZIPPER!, PREPARE TO LOSE!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions)   MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 1:42 pm

i just seen Capt on MAG. Only and Lonely. Poor guy. Neutral
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions)   MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 3:02 pm

Id be on now but I gotta study for history of Western World exam. I should be on tonight for a couple of hours.

But even if I were on it wouldn't help cuz he's in Raven at the moment
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions)   MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 5:05 pm

Raven .. ya i was surprised actually. I started out as Valor with a whooping 30 mins of play time. i waited soooo long for the release only to see the problems they had in the beginning. i decided at that time to stay a Hawk head. Maybe its time to jump back in it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions)   MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 7:34 pm

HEY!!! SMA MAG NIGHT SUNDAYS AND WEDNESDAY!!! we do play MAG... we havent abandoned u guys entirely.... we had up to ten on at one point... so be patient
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions)   MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 8:06 pm

We know midnite. Yes.. Raven.. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions)   MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 8:12 pm

ya, I'll be on my alt in SMA today once some of u guys start logging on, but only until about 11 pm... got a history exam tomorrow morning and I DON'T want to sleep in past my alarm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions)   MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 9:55 pm

Lol, ill be back on in a minute, i got kicked off :/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions)   MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions) EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 4:24 pm

OK, well here is th next blog post in this string of posts

MAG by the Numbers
posted by Chris Roper, January 27, 2011 11:00 am
It’s MAG’s birthday this week, and to help celebrate the game’s one-year anniversary we thought we’d share some of the more interesting numbers that you, the fans, have accumulated over the past 12 months. We hope you like zeros…

Since MAG was released on January 26, 2010, players have amassed nearly 2 billion kills and earned more than 38 billion experience points
That crazy kill and XP feat was accomplished in just over 46 million hours, equivalent to more than 5,200 years of game time
Of all our different modes, your favorite game type to play has been Sabotage, with Suppression coming in second place
All told, over 1.6 million matches have been played in MAG in first year – that’s an average of nearly 183 games per hour, every hour of every day!
Those big numbers were put up by some very dedicated players. We’ve seen more than 100,000 players put in more than 100 hours each, which we think is quite incredible
We’ve also seen more than 80,000 unique players achieve veteran status, with roughly 17,000 eligible to take the leap at this moment. That’s dedication!
On the development side, we’ve released 14 patches over the course of the past 12 months, but we’re not done yet! MAG will see its 15th patch, v2.11, released next month, bringing new optimizations and refinements to the table.

We’re humbled by the sheer amount of time that some of you all have put into the game, and we hope that you’re having just as much fun now as you did 12 months ago. Thanks for playing!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions)   MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions) EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 11:05 pm

Lmao, i HATE Sabo and suppression Rolling Eyes Hells yeah! Im part of the 17,000 Very Happy Wonder what the amount of people who have vetted more than once is..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions)   MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions) EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 10:38 am

Captain is cool! Thinking to get back to SVER? Twisted Evil
I got YLOD, that's why i didn't play it for months! is anybody still playing MAG besides Captain?

My ps planned be back in one week from now Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Lady
Lady
Queen Of A^P
Queen Of A^P

Female
Handle : xMiiSz_-AmaziiNx
Clan Tag : [AP*- A^P - A*P] (Leader)
Warning Level : Nothing Wrong

PostSubject: Re: MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions)   MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions) EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 12:27 am

I;m Still playing... and Nice to see you back around Smile Missed ya Toy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions)   MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions) EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 2:19 am

Haha, mainly just Lady and i Very Happy Oh, and Demi, cept hes in a diff clan Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions)   MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions) EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 9:49 am

Is he supposed to be in the same clan with us? SMA?
or we change into A^P again?

Miss ya too lady, also Captain, and the crazy bro Demi lol
So Captain is back to us now? did you captain?

well, i need to be patience tho, my ps being hospitalized, i guess he got overworked for me Embarassed hahahahahaa

Hows todays MAG? are they still same as usual? pirat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions)   MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions) EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 6:04 pm

More freezing than ever... dom.

And Captain, I resent that, I play more on my SMA alt than I do on my main with BHD, so...
EDIT: DAM! forgot the Razz after... now i just sound like a douche Sad

Last edited by demi-god-1993 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions)   MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions) EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 10:17 pm

@ Demi How many different clans you in bro? what capt'n said didn't seem offensive or have offensive intentions. Mello
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions)   MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions) EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 12:37 am

WHITESABBATH wrote:
@ Demi How many different clans you in bro? what capt'n said didn't seem offensive or have offensive intentions. Mello

I'm in 2, I got 1 in SMA, and another in BHD. I originally joined BHD as for a good 2 weeks I was the only one in SMA, then people came back so I put my alt there and ya. Smile

And I seemed like a douche from my last post cuz i forgot to throw in the Razz at the end Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions)   MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions) EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 2:19 am

Lol *rolls eyes*

@Toy, Haha, ive been back to SVER for a while, cept works crazy atm, and i can mostly only get on on the weekends Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions)   MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions) EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 5:01 am

yet u are still lucky Captain , i can't lay even a finger in ma ps3 body Sad
ooooo how i miss MAG...

Oh my gosss lol, Demi, means u have alternate character on sver yes?
Back to top Go down
Lady
Lady
Queen Of A^P
Queen Of A^P

Female

PostSubject: Re: MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions)   MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions) EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 9:23 am

lolz Yea Demi plays with SMA still lolz i must say all my Mag sucking is making me better at BO lmao but i get lady back Monday and will be using both Demented and Lady lolz Dememted to rank up but when i start dying to much Lady lmao

@Toy- Yea Demi is still sver Smile and he has 2 names on sver one for SMA and one for BHD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions)   MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions) EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 12:35 pm

Wow, to think I've booted members in EzCo for "moon lighting" in other clans.
If the leaders don't mind ,then there's no foul play. I reckon people can do as they please, after all it's their $$ they spent on the games. I just feel it potentially take away from one clan by being in another. When the activity rate is declining in your own clan, this could be bad , or the reason why. Idea
Back to top Go down
Lady
Lady
Queen Of A^P
Queen Of A^P

Female

PostSubject: Re: MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions)   MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions) EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 3:28 pm

Which is true Sabby b.c i wouldn't want that in my clan either i rather have it as if u leave u leave for good. This way there is no back and forth play and other things that could arise from that like for example playing with friends you made in the other clan on your other clans name they will be like ummm what is this lolz and most likely go telling others and it will become more than it is. Unless no one knows about this lolz
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions)   MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions) Empty

Back to top Go down

MAG's B-Day (Special In-Game Promotions)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BitterSweet Misery :: WAR ROOM :: MAG-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com