BitterSweet Misery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AbuseMent ParkHomeRosterLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Awesome indie band from my area

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Awesome indie band from my area _
PostSubject: Awesome indie band from my area   Awesome indie band from my area EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 10:25 am

I'm surprised I haven't mentioned these guys before, but they were an indie band that found quite good success in the Toronto and GTA indie scene in the late '90s but split up in 2002. Playing some reunion shows in 2005-2009, lucky enough to go to an 09 show They we from Thornhill, went to Thornlea... my high school!

The bassist ended up forming a supergroup with the lead singer from I Mother Earth - big in Ontario in the 90's, the drummer from The Tea Party - big in Canada in the 90's, and the old lead guitarist of Our Lady Peace. They're called Crash Karma, not as good as zygote in my opinion but...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awesome indie band from my area   Awesome indie band from my area EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 3:09 pm

They remind me of a local 90's band called "Split Apple Sanctuary".
One day I'll post some Sabby originals I'm sure you'll bang your head too..

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awesome indie band from my area   Awesome indie band from my area EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 9:10 pm

heh... can't even find split apple sanctuary on google. Not even the infamous google Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awesome indie band from my area   Awesome indie band from my area EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 11:43 pm

Not surprising to me really. Bands tend to change members/names over the years. heck they would have been around longer than google .lol My friend was a huge fan so i ask what became of the group. apparently the last he knew, they was going by the name "Ralph's Kind".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awesome indie band from my area   Awesome indie band from my area EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 12:31 am

I can`t decide whether we should call in Barnaby Jones, Thomas Magnum, or possibly Remington Steele to track down this band...

Hurray for obscure allusions to the `80s cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awesome indie band from my area   Awesome indie band from my area EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 10:02 am

LMAO surprised you even heard of Barnaby Jones. Not every band can be found. won't find any of my music on google,youtube ect. unless a song is copyrighted , i wouldn't put it out there. not very wise unless one wants to risk it being stolen. I'll see if i can find something of theres.
Anyhow,I like the funky ,jazzy arrangement in the first song; which is simular to Ralph Kind style .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awesome indie band from my area   Awesome indie band from my area EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 7:06 am

Mwahahahaha!!

My Future Lies. Doubt you guys would like it tho Razz

Cos Demi likes them Very Happy

Cos Im completely and utterly obsessed with it Very Happy
Video and song makes you think.

Cos im in it Razz Very Happy Very Happy 29s-31s, 45s-48s, 1:06-1:09 Very Happy

Cos I can Smile and I saw them live Very Happy

Cos its Mumford And Sons. Duh.

Cos I get to see him live Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awesome indie band from my area   Awesome indie band from my area EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 3:07 pm

'course you did...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awesome indie band from my area   Awesome indie band from my area EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 11:33 pm

Course I did what?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awesome indie band from my area   Awesome indie band from my area EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 3:20 pm

Dont worry 'bout it Razz
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Awesome indie band from my area   Awesome indie band from my area Empty

Back to top Go down

Awesome indie band from my area

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BitterSweet Misery :: The Side Show! :: Music-
Make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com