BitterSweet Misery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AbuseMent ParkHomeRosterLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Fake Advertising

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Fake Advertising _
PostSubject: Fake Advertising   Fake Advertising EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 10:09 pm

Right, we seem to have ads for fake 'win a prize' type websites. I was looking at my own profile when i noticed a large orange flashing box on the right of my screen saying something like- "congrtulations, you have won a free IMac, Iphone or Ipad!!" and something about me connecting to the site at a certain time (12:06) which was the time i was looking at it. I clicked the link, because i thought its a bit odd that we would be hosting this.

Linked me to- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

???
Back to top Go down

Fake Advertising _
PostSubject: Re: Fake Advertising   Fake Advertising EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 10:20 pm

Nothing is free. If thats the case take what your offering and give it to the Men and Women in the Armed Forces Or others in need.

never click on something you know little or nothing about.If it looks too good to be true, it probably isn't.

The adds are there because it generates revenue which in return is why this is a free site. Free unless you "pay" to have the adds removed. Neutral
Back to top Go down

Fake Advertising _
PostSubject: Re: Fake Advertising   Fake Advertising EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 11:55 am

somtimes virus infested as well!
Back to top Go down

Fake Advertising _
PostSubject: Re: Fake Advertising   Fake Advertising EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 10:52 pm

Almost all website adds either link to a website with A TON of viruses or just a flat-out scam that involves sending your money somewhere to never get it back.

I don't know how many "You are the ___________ visitor!" or "You have one message waiting for you" adds I have seen. Definitely too many to count
Back to top Go down

Fake Advertising _
PostSubject: Re: Fake Advertising   Fake Advertising EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 11:55 pm

Ain't that the truth .lol
Back to top Go down
Lady
Lady
Queen Of A^P
Queen Of A^P

Female
Handle : xMiiSz_-AmaziiNx
Clan Tag : [AP*- A^P - A*P] (Leader)
Warning Level : Nothing Wrong

Fake Advertising _
PostSubject: Re: Fake Advertising   Fake Advertising EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 12:23 am

Lolz i can totally agree to that... The ads may be coming from the new Bing bot i see around not sure yet but that may be the case as i've seen other ads here to since the Bing bot came about
Back to top Go down

Fake Advertising _
PostSubject: Re: Fake Advertising   Fake Advertising EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 9:34 pm

Stupid Bing bot...
Back to top Go down

Fake Advertising _
PostSubject: Re: Fake Advertising   Fake Advertising EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 2:21 am

BING BING BING. WHAT WRONG ?
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Fake Advertising _
PostSubject: Re: Fake Advertising   Fake Advertising Empty

Back to top Go down

Fake Advertising

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BitterSweet Misery :: Welcome :: General Disscussion-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com