BitterSweet Misery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AbuseMent ParkHomeRosterLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Open Beta Developer Update

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Open Beta Developer Update _
PostSubject: Open Beta Developer Update   Open Beta Developer Update EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 11:46 pm

http://www.killzone.com/kz3/en_US/blog/news/2011-02-08_open-beta-statement.html

By Aryeh Loeb, posted Feb 08 2011 12:00AM Comments (175)

It’s less than a week since the Killzone 3 Multiplayer Beta hit PlayStation Store, but already you’ve racked up some impressive numbers. There’s been a staggering 55 million - million! - kills, of which around ten per cent have been Brutal Melee kills
Some 350,000 games have been blitzed through, with well over half a million players appearing on the Killzone 3 leaderboards. And two of those players have stormed through the one million XP barrier already. The Helghast don’t know what’s hit them.

Your dedication to the cause hasn’t gone unnoticed over at developer Guerrilla Games. Far from it: the team has been working around the clock to analyse and act upon your feedback. Below you’ll find a round-up of issues discovered thanks to your hard work, and the solutions Guerrilla is working on to refine your experience:

High level issues discovered:

• Connection problems
  • High load caused the database to fall over
  • Score posting
  • Flickering screens
  • Ribbon stats not updating
  • Vulgarity filter

Solutions underway:

• Guerrilla has already released a patch. At the time of writing this has gone live in the EU. The other territories will follow shortly. We have no ETA on that.
  • Guerrilla has made improvements for the server connection issues. The server was brought down and back up for that on Monday, 7 February 2011.
  • The problems with the filter should be fixed now.
  • Guerrilla will continue to update the servers and patch the Beta if needed and are watching your feedback closely on Killzone.com

From the Guerrilla multiplayer team: “We are happy that we are encountering these issues now, during a Beta, instead of after launch. This will help us get ready for the huge amount of people that are expected to go online at launch.

“This Beta also gives us the opportunity to change Killzone 3 based on feedback that we get. Although we've already gone gold, we can and will make server side adjustment to things like weapon damage, balancing issues etc. So this is not a demo, it is meant to be a Beta, for us to test the game.

“Thanks for your continued patience and help in getting this tested properly.”

So, keep playing – the more you experience the Killzone 3 Muliplayer Beta, the more you’ll contribute to an even more polished final game.

Last edited by demi-god-1993 on Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta Developer Update   Open Beta Developer Update EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 11:58 pm

Thanks for the post demi. APG
Back to top Go down
Lady
Lady
Queen Of A^P
Queen Of A^P

Female
Handle : xMiiSz_-AmaziiNx
Clan Tag : [AP*- A^P - A*P] (Leader)
Warning Level : Nothing Wrong

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta Developer Update   Open Beta Developer Update EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 8:42 am

Thanks for this Demi Smile

Even though i never touched the beta but it's still good to know Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta Developer Update   Open Beta Developer Update EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 9:10 am

This game is magic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta Developer Update   Open Beta Developer Update EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 8:53 pm

Yay! a guy at Guerilla Games posted this:

"It would appear that a lot of you have discovered that the servers are working for yourselves. The player count has SHOT UP. Nice.

I'm gonna hop in there now and see if I can take a few n00b scalps. Oops, I mean I'm going to join merely to observe how the games are going."

I haven't gotten a chance to actually play yet, but I'll be on on Saturday if it's still up then... I'm busy and I'll be in Ottawa on Friday so...
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta Developer Update   Open Beta Developer Update Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BitterSweet Misery :: WAR ROOM :: KillZone 3 :: Intel-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com