BitterSweet Misery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AbuseMent ParkHomeRosterLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Huh, about Valkyria Chronicle 2...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Huh, about Valkyria Chronicle 2... _
PostSubject: Huh, about Valkyria Chronicle 2...   Huh, about Valkyria Chronicle 2... EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 10:20 am

Im sure some of y'all heard of Valkyria Chronicle, arguably one of the best Tactical RPG games on the PS3. (Imo its a must have)

so the US ver of Valkyria Chronicle 2 just came out...problem is, why in the world did they make the sequel to such a brilliant game...a PSP release? O_o

Me no understand...

additionally, Valkyria Chronicle 3 has been confirmed...ALSO for the PSP...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Huh, about Valkyria Chronicle 2...   Huh, about Valkyria Chronicle 2... EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 2:35 pm

Because sega is stupid...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Huh, about Valkyria Chronicle 2...   Huh, about Valkyria Chronicle 2... EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 5:18 pm

Even though its on PSP...this game can even be said to surpass the first one in many ways.

VC2 is like a whole new flavor of VC. It looks like it would be similar, but it plays much differently (not in a bad way).

The first game was like a beautiful movie with amazing action sequences. I enjoyed the cutscenes, but those aren't for everyone. Smile The big downside was a lack of customization and nothing to spend your thousands and thousands of $ on.

VC2 is bite-sized, but it packs a huge amount into each bite. It's almost as if Disgaea or Final Fantasy had a baby with VC1 and created VC2. You are dealing with materials, which are used to create weapons and buffs (which you must figure out). You have a ton more soldier classes to play with. Weapons and tank options come in a dizzying variety. You have the option to use an APC instead of your tank. Individual soldiers must be used in combat in order to specialize them into the new classes (ie, you can't drag them along by farming EXP with your favorites). And warping between maps creates a whole new style of gameplay.

The big difference is the feeling that you can't accomplish everything at once. VC1 was a wonderful journey, but you were funneled down it with no real choices. VC2 presents you with tons of options from the outset (squad, weapons, vehicle options) and builds on that. And you have plenty to spend your money on. You won't buy every single option as soon as it appears because you won't have the money or the materials. Which motivates you to keep playing (and grinding).

The people who might hate this are those who dislike grinding. You have to put some effort into deciding WHO you want to advance, which means looking at the credits they need, then finding the right missions to provide those credits, THEN hoping when you finish the mission that you will randomly awarded with the ones you need!

By the way..i havent finished the first one yet
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Huh, about Valkyria Chronicle 2...   Huh, about Valkyria Chronicle 2... EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 9:37 pm

BizznessOnly wrote:
By the way..i havent finished the first one yet

Go finish it (=3=) its worth it. Anyway, yea i know what you mean. The whole schoolgrounds thing makes it feel like Persona3 while playing.

Currently trying to get my A Ranks in Feb~ O_o not hard~but not easy~ O_o
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Huh, about Valkyria Chronicle 2...   Huh, about Valkyria Chronicle 2... EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 7:39 pm

i was very very sad to hear that the third game was also for the psp. its unfortunate that tactical strat games arent very popular on consoles. loved games like tactics ogre, Final fantasy tactics, vandal hearts. sad times indeed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Huh, about Valkyria Chronicle 2...   Huh, about Valkyria Chronicle 2... EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 7:47 pm

I will finish it once i get it back Seyrans lol..that game is amazing for sure.
Abuse stormtroopers is what many people do for A ranks.

Koosh, tactic ogres is being remade for psp >_>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Huh, about Valkyria Chronicle 2...   Huh, about Valkyria Chronicle 2... EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 11:02 am

BizznessOnly wrote:

This may work, but I find Elite Scout Grenadier abuse much more effective. What a Face
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Huh, about Valkyria Chronicle 2...   Huh, about Valkyria Chronicle 2... EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 4:24 pm

seyrans2 wrote:
BizznessOnly wrote:

This may work, but I find Elite Scout Grenadier abuse much more effective. What a Face

Lol..that works as well since the A.I. is this game is seemingly retarded >_>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Huh, about Valkyria Chronicle 2...   Huh, about Valkyria Chronicle 2... EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 10:14 am

A great downer for me in VC2 is due to the immense randomness at which certificates tend to drop.

I mean C'mon! My Alexis needs to upgd to Elite Arms Tech, but can NEVER get a Cert, Regardless of how many times I MVP Him/Her (The character event caused gender confusion)

Sega shouldve made Certs guranteed drop for MVP and runner up...
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Huh, about Valkyria Chronicle 2...   Huh, about Valkyria Chronicle 2... Empty

Back to top Go down

Huh, about Valkyria Chronicle 2...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BitterSweet Misery :: Other Games :: General RPG Games-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com