BitterSweet Misery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AbuseMent ParkHomeRosterLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Lost Odyssey: Thousand Years of Dreams

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Lost Odyssey: Thousand Years of Dreams _
PostSubject: Lost Odyssey: Thousand Years of Dreams   Lost Odyssey: Thousand Years of Dreams EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 10:03 pm

I'm not sure if this technically counts, but I have been narrating these short stories on youtube from the game Lost Odyssey. Anyone who has played Lost Odyssey more than likely has a few stories they like, all of them are written in a mellow, often melancholic tone describing the main character's, Kaim Argonar, interactions with people throughout his life.

To me, its a project I've been working on to improve my narration skills. I want to go into this someday, and this is a GREAT way for me to get practice. However, more than anything, the stories are very well written and often deeply touching, or thought provoking. The stories range from tragic to philosophical, sometimes both at the same time.

If you all don't mind, you can go to

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

to view my narrations. I've done 5 of the stories so far........out of 33. I still got a ways to go lol.

The stories are all episodic, you do not need to know anything about Lost Odyssey or any of the other short stories to be able to get what is going on other than the fact that the main character is Kaim and he is immortal.

Hope you guys enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lost Odyssey: Thousand Years of Dreams   Lost Odyssey: Thousand Years of Dreams EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 12:41 am

once i get time Ill listen to it, but maybe i should play the game first before i listen
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lost Odyssey: Thousand Years of Dreams   Lost Odyssey: Thousand Years of Dreams EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 1:13 am

I own that game on the 360. I only just started playing it though....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lost Odyssey: Thousand Years of Dreams   Lost Odyssey: Thousand Years of Dreams EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 1:44 am

I would actually recommend reading the stories first before listening to my narration of them. Personally, it just feels right to read the text and hear the in game music providing the ambience(i've used many different sources of music in my narrations, some have worked really well such as on the nature of daylight.....others i could have picked better)

Keep in mind, I have not had much practice and have had next to no acting lessons. Not trying to make excuses for my flubs, just saying that I WILL be flubbing a few lines here and there until I get used to reading, until i can find my narrative rhythmic flow. That said, i think i get the job done well enough.

I'm very passionate about stories that make you contemplate life a bit, and that's what lead me to starting up this project. If anything, I hope you at least give the game a try. The main story isn't great, but its far from bad. The short stories throughout the game more than make up for that though. It's well worth at least one play through.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost Odyssey: Thousand Years of Dreams   Lost Odyssey: Thousand Years of Dreams Empty

Back to top Go down

Lost Odyssey: Thousand Years of Dreams

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BitterSweet Misery :: The Side Show! :: Poems & Stories-
Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com