BitterSweet Misery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AbuseMent ParkHomeRosterLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Medal Of Honor MP

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Medal Of Honor MP _
PostSubject: Medal Of Honor MP   Medal Of Honor MP EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 5:41 pm

I managed to get myself a code for the closed beta of Medal of Honor.

First things first. This is still a closed beta, so things that i mention here may well just be small issues that get sorted by the release of the game.

I have now been playing for an hour or so and thought I'd give you all a little review on my thoughts of the game thus far:

The best way to give you an instant picture of this game is Battlefield Bad Company 2. The team behind bfbc2 was DICE and they have also been brought in to work on the multiplayer part of MoH. You can see this straight away, as a lot of the game play aspects seem to have been taken out of one and put into the other, not that that's a bad thing.
You have the choice of 3 different character classes, each one you earn points to upgrade to different weapons or to upgrade the weapons themselves. You can also collect medals and ribbons for doing more things in game. For example: getting a six kill streak or planting a bomb.
You can get kill streaks after so many kills, but the bad thing is that you don't get to personalise them. After so many kills you get the choice to call in a UAV or Artillery, if you choose not to use either of these and carry on killing you do get upgrades to these. You can get a missile strike, which is more direct and more widespread, as apposed to the artillery. I know there are more upgrades, I think 3 in total but i haven't managed to get the last one yet!
Every time you die in the bottom right corner you get a box that comes up showing you; who killed you, what gun they were using and what upgrades they have for that gun.

There are currently 2 different game types and maps: There's the normal TDM and team challenge.
I'll break these both down and comment on each as a singularity.

Team Death Match
The map that you get seems to be some sort of building site. The map, in most parts is quite close quarters. A half built building offers very close quarters which you can also go in and snipe upon certain spawn positions. The bad thing about this though is that you often spawn in big groups, not in different places. If your near by when everyone starts spawning in that point you can easily get 6 kills without even moving. There are some nice points to snipe, but you can still get shot easily so you have to be constantly alert.

Team Challenge
In this, like bfbc2, there are numerous objectives that you have to complete, but can only be done 1 at a time. After dying you get the chance to spawn on the front line or behind enemy lines - this is basically spawning at the start to sit and snipe or deploying as close to the action as possible without getting shot straight away. The map is quite open so you can run around the edges, but be careful of snipers because it does get more open the further out you get. When you kill any of the team in this game they spawn very, VERY near the objective. If your trying to take over something and kill someone, 4 seconds later (after a 3 second spawn wait) he'll be there again. If your defending you do need to spawn near by, but not that close.

The sound effects on this game are brilliant! It sounds like you are in the middle of a full blown war, if you go into a hollowed out room the gunfire has an echo and if your in the other room you can tell that there's a fight going on next door. You can hear people dying if they've been shot by a sniper or if they've been knifed by someone.

A quick mention on the graphics because they are pretty much the same as most current multi-platform games. The anti-aliasing on this game is the main point about this game. Around a lot of the areas you can see a lot of 'jaggies,' hopefully this will be fixed by the full game release.
Back to top Go down

Medal Of Honor MP _
PostSubject: Re: Medal Of Honor MP   Medal Of Honor MP EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 6:10 pm

I want to play this so bad lol.
i heard there's a glitch that freezes the game when you get a certain amount of kills with the terrorists
Back to top Go down

Medal Of Honor MP _
PostSubject: Re: Medal Of Honor MP   Medal Of Honor MP EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 6:13 pm

ooo not heard that! It never happened whilst i was playing, but there has been an update so it may have been fixed.
Back to top Go down

Medal Of Honor MP _
PostSubject: Re: Medal Of Honor MP   Medal Of Honor MP EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 6:16 pm

so it must of been fixed, but i played bfbc2 & they do play similar, so when i see this game. I just think of bfbc2 under a similar looking skin
Back to top Go down

Medal Of Honor MP _
PostSubject: Re: Medal Of Honor MP   Medal Of Honor MP EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 6:24 pm

yeh it basically is, might rent this just to play SP, cos i think that'll be brilliant, probably the best until KZ3! I think it'll beat black ops.
Back to top Go down

Medal Of Honor MP _
PostSubject: Re: Medal Of Honor MP   Medal Of Honor MP EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 6:27 pm

I'll probably buy this over ops.
Back to top Go down

Medal Of Honor MP _
PostSubject: Re: Medal Of Honor MP   Medal Of Honor MP EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 7:03 pm

I'll probably end up getting this over black ops
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Medal Of Honor MP _
PostSubject: Re: Medal Of Honor MP   Medal Of Honor MP Empty

Back to top Go down

Medal Of Honor MP

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BitterSweet Misery :: Game Reviews :: Game Reviews-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com